hjf

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

No time for everything I want to do....

Life is short for someone like me and there is never enough time to do everything I want to do. I have so many things I love; music (especially music), movies, reading (something that is necessary for humans to exercise the mind), playing games, designing grafix and even writing. I started my blog just to write down how I am feeling and maybe express some of my views and yet writing is really at the bottom of the list and I don't even have time for all the things higher on the list.

Life is hard for many people and always has been and always will be, but it is especially hard for people in the U.S. right now and especially a normal person like me with a criminal record. The simple facts are that 1/100 men in the U.S. have been to prison and even more than that have a criminal record because of the vast amount of ignorant laws of stupid things that old people set. We really only need maybe 25% (estimation) of existing laws. We fill our prisons up with people at the expense of tax payers with mostly people who are not felonious evil people and yet for some reason people assume that if you have been arrested or in prison that you must be a bad person. That is ridiculous. Most people in prison are not crazed killers or evil. As a matter of fact, most people in prison have compassion and love for their family and friends and many are highly intelligent. I will not sit and argue about who needs to be in prison. In my opinion the only people who deserve prison are sick child molesters, sex offenders and people who kill people with out a good reason. And yes, there are good reasons to kill someone. If a man molested my child not only would I kill him, but I would torture him for many days and I would feel that I did the right thing and any good father feels the same as I do.

The unemployment rate in the U.S. is skyrocketing. My state has one of the highest rates in the U.S. and my city has the one of the highest if not the highest rate in the state and business are still laying more and more people everyday. It is hard enough for a perfect citizen to get a job let alone a person like me who has made mistakes in their life. People say to go to the cities to find work that there has to be work there, but for one thing that is what many people do and now they are flooding the cities with people looking for work and the jobs are rare there now as well. And we don't all know someone in the cities to move there. Here I have a place to lay my head at night and (some) food in my belly. If there ever comes a time that I am homeless then maybe I will go be homeless in Chicago. I get tired of hearing people who are lucky enough to have a job complain about going to work. You don't want to work? Give me your job I will gladly take it. If you want a job at McDonalds nowadays (at least where I am from) you have to be a teenager who is willing to work only 16 hours a week and get sent home early

I have spent so much time since the bad economy started failing focusing on my graphic design so that when the economy does start to pick back up I can will have a great portfolio if show when I try to get work. It has been growing and growing and every piece I do gets better and better. I am proud of my work and there are many people who love my work and want work from me, but no one can afford even the cheapest work. Foreigners (and some from the U.S.) who want work that I do just go to freelance sites where an Indian from India will do a $120 piece for $5. These people will spend a 3, 4 sometimes 5 days working on something for $5. $5? In the U.S. $5 doesn't get you much at all. In India they can feed their families with it. Even if I take the job, most of the time they have 4 other people working on it and then I am not even guaranteed that I will get paid for the work.

Anyway this is my situation lately. I haven't been around here because I spend most of my time designing grafix and if you care to see my portfolio the please click the button below and be sure to comment and tell me what you think.

A few of my latest pieces:
1

2

3

4


Click button below to view my 4 page portfolio:
npgb

No comments: